Two days in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a perfect city for a weekend escape, even though you could stay there forever and it probably won't be enough. I love Amsterdam, it is not a secret, if I had to move out of Barcelona I could easily chose Amsterdam. So beautiful and calm, it has the vibe of a town more than a stressed city and every corner and canal are just prettier. I definitely could see myself living there. Unfortunately, we just had 48 h to explore the capital of Netherlands so this is pretty much what we saw.
Things to do
We knew we didn't have much time, so we had clear that we didn't want to go mad running from one attraction to the other and we were happy just walking trough the canals. Still, here is a list of the areas and places we didn't want to miss.
- Jordaan area: This was on the top of our list and it is right where we started :). We enjoyed its cool vibe and had a walk trough the Noordermarkt, full of organic food stands.
- The Nine streets: so cute.
- Have a boat trip: Save it for when you are tired or is raining.
- De Pijp area: Full of trendy bars and restaurants.
- Damrak street: Just a clasic, some of the most famous canal houses in instagram.
- Eating in Moeders: Moeders means mothers and this restaurant is a tribute to all the mum's and their food, which is the best. The restaurant is full of pictures of mothers hanging on its walls and the food is traditional and, of course, excellent.
- Try the famous apple pie in Winkel's: Yummy.
- Begijnhof and Bloemgracht: lovely locations to take pictures.
- Visit museums: Anne Frank's Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Rijks Museum (and it's library!)
- The red district
If you are planning a visit to Amsterdam, you may want to have a look at these blogs, they are just amazing:
-Design love fest: Such an amazing posts on Amsterdam (check part 1 and part 2). This blog is just a jewell itself, full of art, design and inspiration, but also all its travel posts are just amazing.
-As the bird flies: Another little jewell full of Amsterdam posts.
-Awesome Amsterdam: Idem.
If you have enough time, visit Wildernis, what an amazing plant shop/cafe. You can just love it. I didn't take any picture of the interior, but I leave you with a screenshot of google images so you have an idea of how amazing and beautiful it is.
We were lucky and got a table in Moeders.
And couldn't resit trying the fampus apple pie of Winkel 43.
And finally, a couple of Damrak street/canal shots.